Thursday, December 2, 2010

rollercoaster

For anyone with a child with Bipolar Disorder, I highly suggest going to amazon.com and ordering some kids books on the subject. Chase's favorite is My Bipolar Roller Coaster. Right now there is nothing closer to the truth. We are strapped in the chair on a bumpy roller coaster ride that seems to have far too many ups and downs. Chase is cycling very rapidly right now, manic, calm, irritable, manic, calm, irritable and it just continues. I would rather be in the place we are right now than dealing with constant rages but it sure is exhausting. I'm not convinced that the Seroquel is the right med but I am 100% sure than any sort of med change right now would send him back to the hospital. So the roller coaster will continue for now and that's ok.

1 comment:

  1. My son also loved that book...took it to school to show to his aide and special teacher so they could understand him better. *sigh* If only they would read it ;) Just started following...my son is also 8 and Bipolar-ADHD. Really looking forward to checking your blog out more and finding a commisary in this diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete