Talked to my exhusband/baby daddy/deadbeat tonight on the phone to make plans for Christmas. He is coming over on Christmas day while I'm at work but will be supervised by his own father, Rick. Would you believe that he had the nerve to TELL ME that I should read a book about the harms of psychotropic medications on todays society! There are so many things wrong with that statement that I need to make a darned list.
- The only book I've ever seen him read was the trivia book while he sat on the toilet.
- I am fully aware and knowledgable of the harms of these medications.
- Chase's options at this point are as simple as can be. Medication with side effects and unknown long term outcome OR Mania Depression Suicide Homocide Abuse Trauma Institutionalization Psychosis
- During all the years that I took Chase to tons of doctors and begged deadbeat to join me, he always just said I could handle it alone
- I have suggested and offered to loan him at least 20 books about his sons mental illness but he has never opened up a single book
Ok my sleep meds are kicking in. To end this post on a good note, I spent the day with Chase and couldn't be prouder to say that I'm his mommy.




Yea, my thought with bio-dads (and we have one too) is that as a parent if you are there every day for your child and are fully supporting them emotionally, physically and financially, setting a good example, taking care of yourself and your primary responsibilities (dependent children being the top of the list) then you get an opinion. If you aren't doing that, no one gives a rip what you think.
ReplyDeleteOh, that just makes me mad reading about it, I can't imagine how you were able to stay calm when he said that!
ReplyDelete