Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bad news...again.

I got Chase a new football and basketball this morning on my way to pick him up from the hospital.

Then I got the call. THE call. It was the hospital social worker. He isn't coming home today.

Last night he was very aggitated and depressed (down swing i guess.) He received a time-out. When the staff heard something in his room, she went and checked. She found him whispering "stupid chase" over and over and slamming his head on the wall. Things just went downhill from there.

I met with the "team" at 9am. The doc thinks that we are running out of options as far as antipsychotics are concerned. Next we add Lithium to his other 3 meds. Great.

Bottom line, he won't be home this week. I don't have anything else to say. I'm going to bed for a while to pretend today never happened. I'll dream that my baby boy is at home with me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kris, I'm sorry to hear about Chase. Let me know if there's anything to do. I'd love to come visit. Just let me know when you have time and I'll make the drive out. I miss you guys! <3 Laura

    ReplyDelete