I hate bipolar. I hate mental illness. Its not fair that my son cannot have a window in his own bedroom. Its not fair that he's so institutionalized that sometimes he refers to me as "staff." Its not fair that my daughter doesn't sleep at night because her brother's mania gets in the way. Its not fair that Chase is a joke to the other kids in the neighborhood. Its not fair that I can't fix him.
Ok enough whining. Chase is home from the hospital. Not sleeping at all. He tried to go through the window in his bedroom tonight because he was mad about dinner. I don't know what to do. Except pray. Keep praying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




no fair at all. I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteYes, the unfairness of this disorder makes you scream. I will be praying! Megan
ReplyDeleteWhy did they release him from the hospital so manic?
ReplyDeleteHi Kristen,
ReplyDeleteI've been following your blog for a while through my sister's blog (she follows yours) www.stackjourney.blogspot.com.
Have you looked at Meridell Achievement Center in TX?
My niece had a very difficult time staying stabilized, several repeat hospitalizations, etc...since spending about 4 months there, she is much, much better. They found a problem that all the other doctors hadn't, and the right med has made a world of difference. I hope your son gets better soon. I'll be praying for you!
Hey Kristin,
ReplyDeleteMy "comments" don't seem to go thru most of the time. Don't know if it's a computer glitch on my part, something getting lost in the sending, or if you prefer that I not post any.
Please feel free to let me know.
Amy
Logan's Mommy
Hi,
ReplyDeleteat what age did you know something was off with Chase? Does someone else have bipolar in your family?
This must be so hard to see your boy go through this. Sound horrific. Thinking good thoughts for you. I hope you will find the right medication/treatment very soon!