Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Disneyland wisdom

I don't have any words to describe this trip so far. Ok I lied. I ALWAYS have words.

The ride from the bay area to L.A. was uneventful.... in our family, uneventful=great. Chase slept for most of the ride and when he wasn't asleep he was peaceful and curious about our surroundings.

Things I have learned from this trip (after 36 hours):

*Wasps are attracted to rental cars. Especially the inside of the car.
*A 7 year old can count to 200 without getting bored.
*Crayons+Rental Car = BAD
*When motivated, Chase can carry his own body weight.
*When not motivated, Chase can't even carry a soda.
*Cheap and casual places to eat are hard to come by at Downtown Disney.
*Breakfast with Disney characters is expensive. Its a trap.
*Goofy gets upset when you are on a cell phone. He will mimic you on the phone until you get off.
*Do not sit in the front on the Splash Mountain ride when there are heavy people in the back of the boat.
*Bring an extra shirt and bra in case you get stuck in the front on Splash Mountain. See above.
*Indiana Jones ride is too scary for an anxious kid.
*Food is expensive. Period.
*It does not feel good to get hit in the face with a light-saber. Even on accident.
*Cinderella can be creepy. Does she have to talk like she's singing?
*Eating on the monorail is a HUGE no-no. Oops.
*Toilet seat covers will stick to your bottom if you sit on them while slightly wet from Splash Mountain.
*The Star Tours ride is the best ride ever according to Chase.
*I have an amazing son. When he laughs, it will trigger happiness in those around him.

Thats all the wisdom I have so far. We did get a disability pass without any problem but only used it twice. The park wasn't busy today at all so we mostly stood in the regular lines. We are all wiped out. Tomorrow is LEGOLAND. Then thursday we will be at Disneyland and California Adventures. No rages. Just a little whiny when hot or hungry. Pretty normal for any 7 year old. Most of the time we only see a giant smile.

I am so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Cute :) I'm glad you all are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad to hear you’re having a great time on your trip and being able to enjoy your son, what a blessing. I’m impressed that you’re in Disneyland, we’ve always wanted to go back with our boys, but we’re too worried about our son handling the lines/crowds with his anxiety. Maybe you can share more about that special pass you mentioned, how do you get it and how does it work. Maybe that may allow us back to the happiest place on earth! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete