Saturday, February 12, 2011

box

My son is not well. He suffers from an illness that crept into our lives silently and refuses to let up. The doctors, hospitals and other professionals have yet to find a balance that can let Chase live his life with little inturruption from the unwelcome illness.

Sometimes I have these strange visuals of Chase and his illness. I picture Chase holding in his hands a box that contains bipolar disorder/psychosis. The box cannot be put down. Instead Chase can learn to live his life while still holding the box. It might take a bit longer to do everyday routines or develop certain relationships while holding the box, but it can be done.

However, during my visit today I saw something totally different. I saw a life-sized bipolar box with Chase trapped inside it.

----------------------------------------------------

I am surrounded by people but feel so alone in this quest to rescue my son.

3 comments:

  1. I have raised 2 children to adulthood, one with Early Onset Bipolar I, with psychotic features. He is a 28, an adult. He is married, raising 3 kids. He has held the same job in commercial hardscaping for five years. Yes, he needs medication and will for the rest of his life. He sees a therapist regularly, who helps him assess his life and medication needs. It is not quick or easy, but it can be done. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I know it feels as if you are alone. You're not. And your visualization today is a HUGE step. I know what you mean about visualizing your son in the box. I have that visualization too. Whether he's in the box or carrying it can vary from day to day. I hope this hospitalization brings you and Chase some answers that get him closer to stability. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry sweetie. I wish the powers that be could figure it out and get Chase some balance and stability. I am sending you a virtual hug. <3

    ReplyDelete