Chase came home today. The docs kept Chase on the same two medications but did a lot of adjusting of the dosages and the times given. Chase hasn't needed an emergency med for a few days and does seem relatively stable. I was shocked that the person struggling with the transition is Aimee. As much as she wanted her brother to come home, she was very pushy and selfish towards him this evening. I was impressed at Chase's ability to stay calm despite Aimee's behavior/attitude. Chase used his coping skills tonight like a pro!
It feels great to have Chase home but I can't deny how anxious I am about school tomorrow. Over the last two months, school is where Chase tends to really crack under pressure. Yikes...
It feels great to have Chase home but I can't deny how anxious I am about school tomorrow. Over the last two months, school is where Chase tends to really crack under pressure. Yikes...
One of the hardest parts of parenting a child with a mental illness is staying in the present. I can't worry about next week or next month. Today is the only day that matters. And today was good.
Both kids are asleep and now its my turn.




I’m so glad he’s home! By the way your previous post about the "box" was very profound, I still think about it.
ReplyDeleteI am glad he is home too and doing better!
ReplyDeleteOur prayer for you is that you all know peace that surpasses understanding. Like Mama Bear, I too found your "box" analogy to be very insightful. Take care.
ReplyDelete