Saturday, June 18, 2011
I'm busy
I won’t apologize for not calling you back right away. I have been too busy living. I am busy holding my daughter on my lap while she gets her ears pierced for her birthday. I am busy dancing in pajamas with an 8 year old. I’m busy watching my boyfriend hold my daughter’s hand while she invites him to a Father’s Day Ice Cream Social at her school. I’m busy making homemade pizza in the kitchen with 3 kids covered in flour. I’m busy preparing for the birth of a baby girl so I can once again be called “Auntie.” I’m busy helping with math homework. I’m busy getting to know my mom as more than just a “mother.” I’m busy bringing treats to a teenage girl that has never been given anything. I’m busy watching that same girl walk out of jail with her head held high and her GED. I’m busy smiling as I watch my son pray before going to sleep. I’m busy bragging to doctors about Chase’s progress and stability. I’m busy celebrating the sunshine that seemed to take so long to arrive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Enjoy the warmth of your new sun! I’m so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are experiencing a good spell. Enjoy :)
ReplyDelete