Thursday, May 6, 2010

TV TV TV

What a nightmare it is to know that your family is on TV and not have the ability to even watch the program. I'm sitting here knowing that thousands of people are seeing MY family and I feel dumb for not planning the show into our trip. Ok that's my little rant.

oh and i'm hearing that it may be portraying bipolar in a negative light, focusing only on rage and agression.... I'm ready to strangle someone if I can't see for myself.

5 comments:

  1. I watched it and I understood everything you talked about. I sat (lay in bed) nodding my head agreeing and getting it. I thought, with the footage they showed of the different kids raging and melting down, that people who don't get it might look and think they were just having a tantrum. That was my concern, but all in all, I think it wasn't a bad portrayal. Sure, they could have done some things differently but it's a good beginning to childhood bipolar awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it did show a lot of anger and aggression but overall it was positive and supportive to our struggles and the kids. it did not blame anyone or anything. the experts spoke very well. you guys did great. i cried through the whole show. that is our life. my son could so be chase (although a bit younger). i'm glad you put yourself and family out there for people to see and understand. even if the general public does not understand, it at least helps people like me not feel so alone. so thank you. you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen! I’ve completed my post about the show and left some questions for you to answer, if you’re still open to it. Thank you so much for opening your life up to us, you’re going to help so many families, especially those who have yet to seek treatment. Now that they’ve seen you and Chase, it will give them the courage to share their story and get the help they need for their child. Here is where my post is:

    http://mysonhas2brains.blogspot.com/2010/05/bipolar-episode.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can go to Discovery Health on the web and I think that your video is on there to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so I have seen a few great bipolar blogs since doing research for my own daughter. Of course I watched the Bipolar Mysteries as well. I am shocked that I have stumbled upon your blog. Sooooo grateful that I have!!!! My daughter does not have an official diagnosis of anything yet, although it is coming. UNFORTUNATELY, her diagnosis is in the dark with most of our family and friends too. She is not quite as severe as what Chase seems to endure, although it's tough. I hate it being a dirty little secret. Ughhh! I am glad I can come to your blog to read and know I'm not alone. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete