Wednesday had a little more in mind than I had planned! My boyfriend has been encouraging me to let his son meet Chase. For a year. I've put it off because I know that once our boys meet, our relationship will evolve into something much more serious. But on wednesday, they met. It was amazing to watch a friendship grow so quickly. Within hours, they were both making up silly names for us (boyfriend and I) and were playing "keep away" with the football. It felt right. The boys sat next to each other and ate their lunches while talking about sports and school. I think I need to stop being so scared. God placed this man in my life for a reason. (I can see Meredith and Kristie nodding as they read this.....)
- He loves me and accepts me for who I am...including my millions of flaws.
- He actually *likes* some of my flaws.
- He loves my children.
- He takes off work to be with them when they are sick and I HAVE to go to work.
- He is comfortable with my family even when they are total weirdos.
- He makes me feel beautiful every day.
- He does stuff he isn't comfortable with, just to spend time with the weirdos. (Swimming, skiing)
- His life revolves around his son.
- And what makes me so sure that I love this man is that he is the kind of man my children can trust and look up to.
Chase and I had a blast at the Jelly Belly Factory this week
No comments:
Post a Comment