Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sports

I feel drained from a shitty day at work. literally. Shit coming out of the floor drains on the unit. Not good. So I'm drained. No pun intended.

Other than work, today was a good day. I have a cold but so far its managable.

Chase had basketball practice and pictures today. I hope the pictures come out nice. He is so proud. The coach told me today that Chase is doing really well and has a grasp on many necessary skills of the game. Yay Chase! I'm so proud of him.

But now I have a challenge for my readers:

Chase needs another sport to be involved in after March when basketball ends. What sport can he play that is generally indoors, not too expensive and local in East County? Help! This is going so well that I want to keep the forward momentum with Chase.

2 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with the area you live in, but for our BP daughter, sports was always a challenge. She is gifted athletically, but her processing speed is low, so lightening quick moves and decision making like in soccer and basketball are a problem. We found a youth runnning club, with kids as young as 5, who run twice a week at this park. They can compete in 1 mile and 3 mile runs if they want to, but they don't have to. They do get uniforms, and a membership in some national running association. This was great for our dd because she ws competeing against herself and didn't have to vie for a ball or wrestle anyone. She became very fast and loved to win races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a swim team/lessons/group at an indoor pool?

    ReplyDelete