Friday, January 15, 2010

my dad

Chase had a good day today. The bus driver even said chase did perfect.

I've been in a cranky mood all week. I told the nanny she wouldn't get paid for this week since she hasn't worked at all. I feel good about that. It takes a lot to be stern in my personal life. At work, thats another story. The next conversation with her is that I will start to pay her hourly or daily, and only for watching Aimee since she seems to cause so many issues with Chase. So watching only one kid is cheaper than both. And if she decides this isn't enough, she is welcome to move on.

Tomorrow night is my dad's memorial celebration (its his birthday). I'm really not into it. I cry so much already and don't need to hear other peoples stories about him. My dad and I have PLENTY of our own stories. I think the dread of this thing is contributing to my "delightful" mood this week. Ha.

So to make myself feel better, I'm going to share some stories about my dad, Ron.

Camping in the rain in Yosemite with Lis and my parents

My dad throwing me in the pool. any pool. He'd just throw me!

Lindy and I showing my parents our dances and then my dad would get up and show his. And boy was that nuts. More like a forwards moonwalk.

Making sure we always had a pool at any hotel we stayed in. He knew I'd be occupied!

Learning about the farming and carpentry stuff my grandfather did.

Getting 2nd place dancing with my daddy at a Luau in Hawaii

Dancing on his feet at weddings

Holding me and crying on my wedding day.

A joke he called "DogJaw"

Holding me and crying on the day I left Jared. He called me from his hospital bed to reassure me that things will work out.

Holding me accountable for my mistakes.

Yelling "I've got a NEEED for SPEEEED!!!! as we skied down the sierra mountains.

Breaking the crystals in my toes.

Lying on the couch with him watching Nascar races.

Him BEGGING me to stop singing in the car.

Holding him while he lay in his hospital bed and whispering to each other. Curling up in his arms while he told me "Everything is going to work out punkin. Just make sure you are there for your mom. She is the honey in my hive. My angel bear."

No comments:

Post a Comment