This has been a hard week. Lots of drama with friends and their lives getting out of control. I won't spill their business here, but I am praying that good decisions will be made and that no friendships/relationships are destroyed in the process.
Chase has had an okay week. Tomorrow morning is his second basketball game. I'm so excited for him. And I will be filming.
Here are the updates for the week, lacking in sentence structure.
Chase has made HUGE improvements in his reading skills. Tonight he was bugging me to "quiz him." I got to pick any words, 4 letters or less and he'd have to spell it. Or I'd spell a word and he'd have to say it. Finally I just told him that he was late for bed and he made me promise to do more in the morning. I think I am glowing. Between basketball and reading skills, Chase's confidence level is on the upswing. YAY CHASE!
Good news on Aimee's school stuff too. Her teacher spoke with me today and feels like Aimee needs to move to the next class up because she's too advanced for their class. So Aimee will be moving to the ladybug room. And next year she will be in Pre Kindergarten. I guess there were a lot of skills that the class has been focusing on and Aimee is way beyond them. They also find that she plays with older kids instead of kids her own age. I'm so proud of my little smarty pants.
At school she's an angel but at home Aimee spends so much time whining that my ears start bleeding. She's either whining and not sleeping or she's hyper and happy. Blah.
My boyfriend is slowly becoming more involved in my life. Our past relationships have failed so we want to try things differently. Obviously we are taking things slow. He is slowly becoming a male figure in my home and getting to know my family. Same with me on his side of the family. When we are ready, we will start joining the two lives. Letting the kids meet etc. But slowly.
As far as the sports suggestions. Thanks Meg and Megan!!
I asked Chase about running and he didn't seem to like the idea. And his experience in the heat of summer might make races hard? I don't really know. I think I'll bring it up again. Maybe see if he wants to go on a jog with me when the weather is nice.
Water activities seem the most hopeful for the summer. I might spend the extra money for some private lessons. He does better in the pool when there aren't a bunch of other kids to distract him. After he feels confident, I'll let him decide if he wants to join a swim team or something.
I'm even thinking football. But thats not a summer thing.
I just want to encourage options. Not force him, but show him that the opportunities are there.
Now if only I can get my W-2 from my job so I can finish my taxes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment