My brain feels scattered tonight. Tons of random thoughts bouncing around in my head like ping pong balls. I'm going to try to turn the random stuff into something that makes sense.
Chase lied at school yesterday. Not a little white lie or even a lie to make himself seems super cool. A hurtful bunch of lies that made me look like an awful mom. He told the school that I would not feed him anything in the morning because he was being bad and we were so poor there is nothing in the fridge. Then he also said that I told him to take his meds himself because I was angry at him and as a result, he took the wrong meds. So in his explanation of things he was acting out, tired and hungry because I'm an awful mom. Ouch.
In reality he had a bowl of cereal, got upset and decided he wanted something else. He put his entire bowl into the sink wasting a lot of milk and cereal. I told him THAT was his breakfast and he could have some fruit if he was still hungry. And the meds lie didn't make sense at all because he was given his meds just like every other day. I would never trust my EIGHT YEAR OLD to administer his own medication. Thankfully when the school called me to verify Chase's stories, I was able to clarify and when the school spoke with him about it, he cried and admitted he was trying to make excuses.
Other than the lying incident, Chase is really doing well in school this week. His homework has been completed with minimal fuss.
Time for me to get to sleep. I found an online bible study guide for women and each night I read a bit before bed. Its a start...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




That sounds awful! It would be hard to drive to the school to prove myself as a parent.
ReplyDeleteI can relate a little because last week my son told his therapist that all I do is sit on the computer all day long and everything I do is bipolar this or bipolar that.
The reality is that I am on the computer for an hour tops, usually when he is at school. Also, I have never used the words "bipolar" with him. I was actually surprised he said that. I do have a few bipolar kid books in my office that I have read, but I have never call him that.
I cried for a whole day because I felt so hurt and embarrassed, I give so much up to my son to help him and I feel like he doesn't see that I do so much for him, more than any of my other kids. The truth is, he probably can't see it.