Friday, January 21, 2011

On edge...

Chase is on edge. We are on edge. He is easily irritated, quickly angered and just plain mean. I called Mobile Response Team (MRT) and due to budget cuts, there is not enough staff to come out to the house unless we are currently in a crisis. Ironically if we WERE in crisis, the team would be responding from so far away that they couldn't help anyway.

I am thankful that Chase is not being violent and is not a danger to himself or others at this point. My mom is available to take Aimee if things escalate. If things don't settle down, this may be another FMLA weekend. Just what we need...more unpaid time off so we can dig our hole even deeper.

As far as SSI and SSDI is concerned, I've applied. We don't qualify due to my income. I've thought about fighting it but can't find anyone to help me fight it without requiring a huge retainer. We applied for Medi-Cal again for Chase. I want to make sure that I have things in place for when the state cuts off funding through the school district for mental health services. I know from past experience that my "share of cost" would be about $3000/month. Probably not worth it but I may as well keep our "benefits" active just in case.

That's all for today, time to start cooking dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment