1. During a process group in the hospital, a peer said something hurtful to Chase.
2. Chase reacted impulsively and aggressively.
3. Chase was sent to his room for a short time out before he could return to group.
4. He went into his room, broke a plastic comb and rubbed it on the corner of the wall to sharpen it.
5. Chase cut his own arm with the comb until he bled.
6. Chase carried the sharpened/bloody comb as he charged back into the group without permission.
7. Staff stopped Chase, retrieved the comb and were able to calm Chase and then immediately notify me of the incident.
As much as I could write about the above incident and the line that was crossed today, I just can't.
What I will say is that I prayed over the phone with a dear friend of mine, Kristie. We prayed that Chase would be healed and that I would be able to let go of my need for control and be strong enough to give it to God. I must accept that I cannot save my son from his illness. God can. But I have to reach out and ask for His help. So tonight when I got home, I literally fell to my knees and let go. Let God. This is just the beginning of my journey.
And just as this storm rages outside the walls of my warm house, I am reminded that after the storm comes sunshine. In the sunshine I will see Jesus holding Chase's hand.
Chase at about 2 years old.
Beautiful.




sending love to both you and chase. no little boy should have to suffer from this illness. it's terrible and not fair. and no mother should have the watch her son go through this. i pray that you both find peace in such a horrible storm.
ReplyDeleteThrough thick and thin sent me over here. I will pray for Chase and for the family. I am sorry your son has to go through this. Be strong mama.
ReplyDeleteYour post brought me to tears, I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you and for your son. I'll be praying that each day you can give it all over to God and that you'll feel his strength, power and love and Chase will be healed.
ReplyDelete