Thursday, November 11, 2010

I can breathe now

After a marathon 23 hour stay in the Kaiser Emergency Room, Chase is now safely admitted to the psych hospital. Its about an hour from home but I get to visit him every day. He just called me on the phone and sounds excited that he knows a few of the kids and staff from previous stays. As much as I would love to complain about the failings of the community to provide appropriate placements for 5150'd CHILDREN, I don't have the energy. I work my graveyard shift in 8 hours so I need to go to bed for the first time in what seems like a few days. Thank you for the prayers and kind thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Im sorry :(
    The hospital stays are hard.
    We've only had one, but I dont know if this sounds silly but I feel another one coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kristin. Hugs just don't seem like enough.

    Chase made it one heck of a long haul from the last hospitalization to this one. That says a lot about him, you, and your combined strength. Whatever it took for him to need inpatient, please keep that in mind.

    Get some rest. Hug Aimee. And keep us updated as possible.

    Amy
    Logan's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. megan - hospital stays are definately no fun - for anyone involved. We've had 2 this year and i know. i hope he is in a good place and receiving good care. You too - don't forget to take care of yourself. Not always the easiest thing to do in the circumstance. Sending good thoughts to you and Chase and your family.

    ReplyDelete