Wed-Thurs - 23 Hours in Kaiser ER waiting for a bed
Fri - Chase got settled into the hospital (same as 7 times before) We played our favorite card game all evening. Geodon discontinued.
Sat - Seroquel started. Lots of ups and downs. Seemed a little "out of it." Played cards and worked a puzzle.
Sun - In the morning Chase complained of not feeling well. Fever of 103.7 and complained of a horrible headache. Slept most of the day. Fever never went below 102. No other symptoms. I had to wonder if it had to do with the Seroquel.
Mon - Chase had a 102.5 fever in the morning but able to eat breakfast and lunch. By the afternoon his fever was gone and he was feeling fine. He called me this evening and sounded happy and hopeful. We chatted about his dinner and the movie he watched.
I'm praying that Chase is well enough to come home very soon. I appreciate all your prayers and well wishes. Today at work I mentioned something to a coworker about Chase being in the hospital and she suggested that I'm too young to be going through all of this heartbreak. My only response was "If you knew Chase, you would know the bad days are NOTHING compared to the smiles he gives me. Although I hate his illness, it has made him compassionate and brave and has taught me to cherish each moment with him."
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I hate when people say things like that. I know they feel they are being kind and concerned, but we know we do and go through what we have to for our kids :) Chase is lucky to have you. I hope he gets to come home soon too.
ReplyDelete