Monday, November 22, 2010

Long update

A lot has happened since I last posted, even though its only been a few days. (As I sit here plugging my nose because I must have the ONLY cat in the world that farts constantly.)

Wednesday - Crazy busy day off. Met with Chase's outpatient psychiatrist to fill out my FMLA paperwork.
  • Random fact #1 - He's such a good doc that he has now been promoted to Assistant CHIEF in the Walnut Creek clinic. I will drive our lazy butts all the way to Walnut Creek every week as long as he keeps Chase on his caseload.
  • Random fact #2 - When a fantastic doc writes down the severity of your childs illness on paper, it hurts a lot more than if you just hear him say it. And yet it is the reality and I appreciate our doc for being so honest and willing to help with my paperwork.

Visited Chase in the evening and almost punched the receptionist in the face. Just kidding. Kinda.

Thursday - I went to the DMV to renew my drivers license and take a new picture. Spent the morning with my mom and Aimee. We went to the mall and had a lot of fun together. I worked my graveyard shift later than night and got hit with a nasty sinus infection.

Random fact #3 - If you have ANY sort of personality, the DMV will NOT hire you. You must only be a robot.

Friday - I came home from work and took a nice long nap. I spoke with Chase's doc at the hospital and she told me that she was going to increase the Seroquel over the weekend and probably send Chase home on wednesday. Then I went to MY doctor for my sinus infection. Once again the doctor was worried about my hemoglobin count. He sent me for more blood tests.

Random fact #4 - When a doctor mentions the work leukemia, eye rolling is probably not appropriate.

Saturday - I wasn't feeling well and didn't go to work. When I went to visit Chase in the evening, we spent a couple of hours drawing and just enjoying each other's company. Have I mentioned lately that my son is a really cool guy?

Random fact #5 - When you are 8 years old and 3 girls have a crush on you in the psych hospital, expect to get a cool nickname, like "Casanova."

Sunday - I finally went to work and had a good shift. Then I went to visit Chase. He seemed a little drowsy. I wasn't feeling too well so I didn't stay long. On my way home I thought I was going to puke so I pulled the car over. I ended up blacking out in the drivers seat on the side of the road for an unknown amount of time. Being the responsible adult that I am, I drove myself to the emergency room. They ran a million tests and came up with only the same results as friday. Iron level is dangerously low, folate level is way too high and two IV bags of fluids can really cure anything.

Random fact #6 - When a cause for fainting can not be found, roll onto your stomach and be prepared for a rectal exam. Yes I said rectal exam.

If you thought the rectal exam was not enough fun for the day.... Chase's hospital called to tell me that he had been raging, brought to the seclusion room and had to be sedated. Discharge on wednesday is less of a possibility now.

Monday - My arms look like a heroin user. I am a human pin-cushion. Not cute.

So there. I wonder what today will bring.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie. You just need a big ole hug!

    (and some red meat and orange juice for that iron problem)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes, I agree with the above comment, YOU SOOOO NEED A HUG!

    ReplyDelete