Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving pics

Looking back at Thanksgiving yesterday, I wish I would have taken more pictures. I have an excuse though! I only stayed at my big brothers house for about an hour before leaving to go home. I worked the graveyard shift so I needed to get some sleep before work. We had a great time and the kids stayed after I left and drove home with Grandma. I feel so spoiled that the women in my family are such great cooks! All that turkey sure made it easy for me to take my nap before work.

Today was a pretty good day. It feels amazing to say that. One of my closest friends is encouraging me to look to God for comfort and strength during these hard times. For some reason when I struggle, is the time when I turn away from Him. Like I'm ashamed.

1 comment:

  1. God wants us to come to Him when we are angry and want to turn away. He welcomes us with compassion and mercy, not with a pointed finger. Shame is the enemy of God. He wants to hold you, not condemn you. He is your friend, not your taskmaster. He loves you and Chase and is a source of encouragement when we are at our wits end. I am praying for you today and for Chase. Romans 5:6-10

    ReplyDelete