Friday, December 31, 2010

transitions & religion

2010 has had its ups and downs. Another year that THIS village has been able to keep Chase safely living at home. I thank each of you for your support. It truly does take a village to raise a child. Even though most of my readers haven't even met Chase, it makes a difference. I am a strong advocate for my son because I have such great people behind me that keep pushing me forward.

Yesterday we had a family session (Chase and I) with his therapist. She will be retiring in March. Chase doesn't do too well with transitions so I hope we can make it as smooth as possible. The problem is that the county is absorbing her position so they won't be replacing her when she leaves. Chase will likely just move to a different therapist but he really had bonded with Marilyn and I appreciate her committment to us as a family. Another possibility is that his new therapist will not see him at school. I will need to take him to appointments in the clinic each week. I might have to enlist help to make sure he can get there on days that I work.

I think my New Years Resolution will be to really share my faith in God with my family and to lead by example. I need to find some sort of a church home or even a women's bible study. My work schedule is awful for attending a church on sunday mornings. There must be alternatives. I read the bible, pray and listen to christian music. But I really desire to talk about faith and learn more so I can share that with my children. There is something so powerful about being part of a congregation.

Time for bed. Yes it is New Years Eve, but I work at 7am. I will ring in the new year by saying a quiet prayer and thanking the Lord that my children are healthy and safe.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    It's hard to believe that we "met" so long ago and that our sons have persevered with this illness!

    I have great faith that you will find a special group where you will fit right in. Try contacting some of your local churches and ask when they have Bible study, women's group, etc. Let them know about your work schedule. They may suprise you and get you in contact with the group that is looking for YOU!!!

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Logan's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are headed in a positive direction for 2011, having a church family is so amazing, they can support you in ways that your own family can't. I will pray for you tonight that you find this group/church, but I have faith that God will find it for you.
    Love,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete