Auntie Julie waited with Chase for the bus while I was on my home from work. He had a rage right before the bus came and was hardly able to calm down.
Chase's rash/hives/burn was even worse after school today. He wore his UV protectant shirt but took it off and put on a tshirt saying he was too hot. As soon as we got home, he got in a nice cool shower and stayed there for quite a while. I could see his relief. We spent the evening inside working puzzles, watching movies and relaxing. I could tell that Chase had no desire to go outside to play.
I called the doc again and explained the severity of this side effect. Dr. K is going to take him off of the Thorazine (probably the cause) and put him on Abilify. Tonight he got his first dose of Abilify and we will taper off of the Thorazine over the next week. I pray that this doesn't send Chase into a downward spiral but its a risk we have to take. Based on the daily rages, I'm not convinced that those meds were helping much anyway.
Tomorrow I work from 7am-3pm. The group of kids on my unit should make for a very interesting weekend. At least half of the kids have been in and out jail for years and really like to cause conflicts and drama.
Time to rest up for a busy day tomorrow. I need to get up extra early to get the kids ready for their weekend with Jared.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment