Jared and I attended the meeting at the school. Together. Yup, that's what I said. Together. I'm so glad he went, I think it was a wake up call for him. The staff kept pushing the need for Chase to be "built up" instead of "torn down." I really hope that some of that sunk in to Jared's head. He needs to be a good role model.
Chase is cycling more rapidly at school these days and spends the majority of the day being out of control or withdrawn. He is essentially spending his school day in the support room.
The school people feel like it might not be the right place for him, as he may need more intense treatment that the current setting can provide. But as I've said before, his school is just about the highest level of help that he can get unless you include residential placements.
I thought being able to keep Chase out of the hospital would also alleviate the need for a residential treatment center. Guess not. The school is willing to be patient.
Chase's abilify dosage will increase in the morning and he sees his psychiatrist on friday afternoon. I think I'm numb. I can't be angry at the school or the county mental health team. They have all been amazing. It just hurts to see Chase struggling so much. Especially because he is SO capable of excelling in academics if his darned mental illness wasn't in the way.
On a great note, Chase was fantastic this afternoon/evening. We got through all of his homework and I could see that he was proud. We played outside, had a popsicle and even played with a rocket toy down at the creek. Then he took a bath without arguement and went to bed on his own. As much as I can't stand the lack of consistancy, I have to be thankful for evenings like this. Don't look a gift-horse in the mouth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment