Rick is back! (in case you are out of the loop here, Rick is my ex-husbands dad) I'm SO thankful to have him back and this time he brought more help! Kevin is my ex-husband's little brother. All 22 years and 310lbs of him. They are both amazing, although the ex is once again refusing to come anywhere near the house while they are visiting.
Rick and Kevin also brought along 2 hairy creatures that they call dogs. I don't consider anything under 20lbs a dog, but CoCo and Boo are great entertainment for Aimee. She will play with them for hours. Chase doesn't really seem to notice them since their attention span is probably shorter than his.
It makes me angry that Jared doesn't bother to swallow his pride and build a relationship with his father since Rick reaches out to him constantly. Every friday he leaves him a message asking him to call etc. But nothing. Maybe I'm sensitive to the whole "dad" issue lately...
Chase rode on the bus today. To and from school without getting suspended. Now I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow.
Reflecting on the last year, its amazing how my version of a "good day" has evolved. Last year a good day meant no major blowups, meltdowns or violence. Today it means that no one got seriously injured, the verbal abuse didn't involve threats of bodily harm, no support room and that he didn't get suspended from school or bus. Ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment