Tuesday, October 13, 2009

impending doom

Sometimes I have myself convinced that Chase is a normal hyper boy whose life has been shaped by an unstable mother and a dad with anger management issues. And that the divorce and health state of grandpa brought on the increases of the rages and the depression, hence the hospitalizations.

But then I get a call from the school bus. Chase went into some weird state where he stopped listening to real people and started listening to the ones in his head. When a teacher tried to bring him back to reality, she got punched in the face. So now he is suspended from the bus until wednesday which means he stays home today (tuesday). He sure doesn't see that as a punishment.

And at school I got a call from Barbara, the Social worker/Case Manager / Therapist that works with Chase everyday. She was concerned. The teacher called her because Chase was acting strange and complaining of a headache in the classroom. Barbara took Chase to her office where he laid down on the floor and told her that the voices were starting to quiet down. When she asked about the voices, he said they have been loud all day in his head and making him feel like his head would explode. After a while, he said he felt better and that he could return to class.

No major issues in the classroom.

I'm nervous about the IEP. In the last week I have been told that his school may not be the right fit and that he might need a more intense therapeutic program. And now with the bus suspensions I'm nervous about what they want the plan to be.

Eh, gotta sleep though. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment