I know this blog is about Chase and all of our adventures with our little family. BUT right now, my life is about my father. My life as a mommy is on hold while my life as a daughter is in the forefront.
Last night Chase came to say goodbye to his grandpa. The hospice doctor told me that saying goodbye can leave a child with an easier grieving process. Being fragile already, I want the process to go as smoothly as possible for Chase.
What I saw when my son entered the room has left me with a whole new respect and awe as a Child of God.
Chase peeked his head in the room and saw grandpa sleeping in the bed. He walked right up to the side of the bed and held his hand. As clear as day, Chase said, "I love you Grandpa. With all my heart." And then he looked at their hands holding each other, let go, and wrapped both of his arms around him and kissed him on the cheek. Then he looked at me and said, "I'm ready to go now."
As we walked to the door, he put his hand on the handle and paused. I heard a sob escape from his little body and by the time we were out the door, he was sobbing and tears were rolling down his pink cheeks.
God blessed Chase with such intuition, compassion and heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




What a wonderful moment between the two of them. I'm so glad you were there to witness a reminder of what a special boy Chase is.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your dad. I know how much he has always loved you.
What a precious moment. My prayers are with you and your family.
ReplyDelete