Chase's room has been a Mecca for my tears in the last year.
I sat in there with him after he raged and was so sad that he said he wanted to die.
I held him on days where he was so depressed that he wouldn't stay awake and he just wanted to be in bed all day.
I held the door shut to be safe.
I painted his room while he was in the hospital.
I sat in his freshly painted room wishing he was well enough to come home.
I took every toy and book and packed them into boxes for the garage.
I sat in his emptied out "safe room" wishing it wasn't necessary but knowing it was.
I stared from the hallway.
I saw Aimee's beautiful room. Ladybugs, big white furniture, books, piggy bank, toys.
I saw Chase's room. Fresh paint, camoflouge, holes in the walls, no closet doors, void of all toys and books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




You made me cry. We've had similar experiences with my son and daughter, both bipolar. My husband spent the whole weekend replacing a door (solid core this time) that was in pieces.
ReplyDeleteWe pray it will remain intack put fear it won't.
Jean