Rick goes home tomorrow. Makes me sad to think we may not see him until Halloween. The kids will miss him. Not only did he have fun with the kids, but also helped me get a little break from cleaning/cooking etc. There aren't many people that I'd feel comfortable to let help like that.
We had a meeting on wednesday that I didn't write about. Basically the WrapAround team is brainstorming ways to lessen the rages and frusteration around homework. He's been getting so much homework that he feels overwhelmed and defeated before he even starts. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. See the following ideas:
1. Still complete the nightly 2 pages of language arts and 2 pages of math.
2. Decrease the number of weekly spelling words from 10 to 3.
3. Provide SOME flexability regarding the nightly homework due to his mood issues on some days.
One big problem is that Chase has bad days. Days where I'm just thankful that no one got hurt. Even looking at homework on those days is nearly impossible. However, the homework that doesn't get done should be added on top of the next nights homework. Either way, he gets the work done but without as much pressure.
I went with my neighbor to her son's (Chase's buddy A) IEP today. I feel like my presence there helped a little since the guy from the school district in attendence knows Chase and I very well. I pushed the team to put in a referral so A can get the AB3632 services. I also got hit with the idea that just as A has a hard time with writing, Chase is very delayed in his writing skills. I wonder if there is extra help provided for that. Even just an extra person at school to sit one on one with him when it is time to write. He needs constant encouragement and reminders.
Going to sleep now. Hopefully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment