Chase raged tonight. Thank goodness our neighbor was over and just swept up Aimee and left the house. Chase threw a vacuum at me. One of many heavy objects.
Jared came after he calmed down. And we (yes I said WE) emptied out Chase's room. No dressers, desks etc. Just clothes hanging on a pole in the closet, a huge wooden bed that is in one piece with 4 drawers attached underneath.
Hopefully this helps when Chase gets out of hand. I can't have him throwing large objects at me or hurting himself.
I'm lonely tonight though. Its one of those nights where you just want someone to hold you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




It sounds like emptying his room was a good idea. And I'm glad your neighbor was there to help with Aimee.
ReplyDeleteI know its not nearly the same as having a son like Chase, but I had a student last year who regularly lashed out by turning over tables, throwing books, hitting anyone nearby, etc. When he had his moments, I was always so focused on keeping the other 22 children safe, and after the event was over, it always took me a while to calm down. We often just drew pictures or read a book for 30 minutes afterward because everyone was so hyped up. I have a scar from where he bit my hand when I tried to take away the binder he was using to hit me and the other students.
I don't pretend to imagine that this compares to your experience, but I think it gave me an idea of what you feel when Chase rages.