Thursday, November 26, 2009
hospital?
Chase is not doing well. Today (wednesday) was a nightmare. Chase started raging in the middle of the street with Kevin. I was able to get him home and on our way up the stairs, he shoved me and I fell down 1/2 a flight of stairs. At this point, I feel like hospitalization might be necessary. I was lucky I wasn't hurt more than I was and it could have easily been Aimee. Someone will be getting hurt. I'm scared. I am going to try to make it through Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Be careful when considering hospitalization. It can cause more problems than it helps, especially in children as young as your son - it can cause PTSD. My son is 12 now and was briefly hospitalized at 6 yrs old (in a good hopsital) and he still has horrific memories of it and he was only there about 5 days. Also, if your son is on any antipsychotics or ADHD meds get him off of those asap- they may be the cause of the problems as they can cause aggression, delusions, and psychosis, among other issues.
ReplyDeleteI would say that it depends on the hospital. We have a horrible one right near us that did leave our daughter with PTSD. We discovered a wonderful one an hour and a half away, and it was worth the drive. The difference in their approach was night and day. I didn't know that a psych hospital could be so cutting-edge. That was the Virginia Treatment Center for Children in Richmond, VA
ReplyDelete