Tuesday, March 23, 2010

RTC's, zzzzzzz, men and germs.

Crappy news. Chase isn't being transferred to the RTC tomorrow. The hospital said something about the bed not opening up until next week. They gave me two choices:

1. Let Chase stay in the hospital until the bed opens up at the RTC. It will be at least a week. Chase will be devistated.

or

2. Bring him home and take the chance that something will happen that will get him 5150'd again and start the process all over. It could also be used against us at the IEP if he comes home and does okay.

After thinking a lot and discussing it with my mom I have decided to keep Chase in the hospital. Even though he is upset about that, the plan is the same as before but a little delayed. It does hurt knowing that he won't come home until mid April, but I'd rather do this now than regret waiting.

Since we aren't doing the transfer tomorrow, I will be going to work. I even get two hours of overtime for a horrible "bloodborne pathogens" class. Yay. :::insert sarcasm here:::: Can't wait to increase my fear of germs....

My boyfriend told me tonight that he loves me and can't imagine a future without me. He said he will do whatever works so we can be together. Oh and he went and visited Chase while I was at work. All by himself. He cares so much for Chase and Aimee. I keep reminding myself that when I start to give up. Not often you find a man that loves you and would be willing to love two children. Especially when one of the children is such a challenge. He says that we will slowly start trying to blend our lives. We shall see. I can't give up on having a meaningful relationship based on the struggles of Chase. I just can't give up on Chase or on my boyfriend.

I guess that's about all for tonight. Ambien is doing its job. zzzzzzzzzzzz................zzzzzzzzzzz.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the delay, but you made the right choice. Chase is in good hands, even if its not the hands we want.

    Maybe you don't have to "give up" on either of your men! Keep an open mind, who knows what plans are in store for you!!!

    HUGS!

    Amy
    Logan's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have this website because I'm never kept in the loop. I never get any information from you, and usually get it about a week later from my mom or dad. Auntie I love you but i wanna hear from you more, even if it just means a text. I am constantly thinking about you, Chase, and Aimee. I miss being close to you, we used to spend so much time together and talk so much, I REALLY miss that. I love you so much and I don't want you to feel like you can't talk to me because I know I could always confide in you and talk to you when I needed someone. I just wanted to tell you that I know it's really hard dealing with this situation but that trust me, God has a plan. Read 2 Corithians 4:8-9, whenever I feel even a little overwhelmed I read this. Auntie I LOVE YOU and don't you ever forget that. You have a family which is there to support you no matter what. I am always praying for you.

    Love,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hate the way the system works when it comes to placement. We've been sent home from the ER more times than I care to remember because my child wasn't "bad enough" or there were no open beds.

    Hopefully Chase will get in to RTC soon. Sorry you have to go through all of this. But it sounds like you have a great guy to support you.

    ReplyDelete