Quick update before I go to bed. (Yes its only 1pm but I work a graveyard shift tonight.)
Chase is actually doing well. His new meds seem to be helping quite a bit. I'm so proud of my little man. And he has a roommate that he has so much fun with!
The plan for the next few weeks:
1. Get chase out of the hospital.
2. Transfer him to a residential treatment center in San Francisco. Our insurance will only cover a 2 week stay. I'm ok with that because it will give us a chance to see if it is really worth fighting for. We can see how he likes it and if its a good fit for him.
3. Next IEP at the end of March to discuss long term residential placement.
4. If necessary, bring in the big guns....a special education lawyer that I can't afford.
Since he's been back in the hospital, I haven't missed a single day at work. I take a lot of pride in my job and as much as I may complain about it...I love it.
Aimee is SUCH a diva lately. She reminds me of a teenager already! Yikes.
Thanks everyone for all your support and hugs. I've been in plenty of therapy throughout my life and writing has always been more helpful than talking for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment