:::Teensie update since yesterdays entry::: Chase is actually 59lbs. If anyone has any ideas to help him put on weight in a healthy way, let me know. Maybe Ensure drinks or something? He isn't weak or anything and has the same amount of energy as always.
Kevin is back and its nice to have an extra set of hands (and eyes!) As much as I might complain about him, I couldn't imagine our lives without him around.
Tomorrow is Father's Day so please bear with me. Two rough things are hitting me already. 1. My children haven't seen their father since November and will celebrate their first Father's Day without their father around. 2. Its my first Father's Day without my dad. I have spent every Father's day with my dad since I can remember.
Now that I'm all emotional about a silly Hallmark holiday, I'm going to get comfy in bed and remind myself to be thankful for the men in our lives. Uncle Kevin, Uncle Steve, Zachary and my boyfriend. Hold your dad tight tomorrow please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Interesting about the weight. My daughter is almost 9 years old and is 48 lbs. She eats like a horse, so increasing foods really isn't an issue. Interesting to know Chase has this issue too. I wonder if there is anything more than a coincidence. Hmmmm!
ReplyDeleteI hope your Father's Day went okay. I'm in the same boat as your children, and in some ways, you too. My dad is very much alive, although he has chosen not to associate with my family due to the behavior issues. It's tough, but somehow people like you and I get through it.
Take care! Thanks for opening up your life. I'm still a closet mommy of a bipolar child, and I hate it. I'll get better with it, although it's still somewhat new for us.
When our son was struggling to put on weight the doctor suggested Ensure drinks (just try to find one with lower sodium - some have a huge amount of sodium for some reason). A friend who's son has always had issues putting on weight suggested giving him the Ensure before bed - when he would have no chance to burn off the calories. Our son had no issues with nighttime peeing so that worked great for us and it worked better than giving it to him in the day as we had been. Good luck
ReplyDelete