So I went out of my way (and my comfort zone) to be the "bigger person" this week. I had the kids send birthday cards with recent photos to their father/sperm donor/deadbeat. I thought if anything, it might encourage him to pick up the phone and call his children to thank them. Nope. Wrong. He didn't call. And then today Chase started getting worried that he never GOT the cards so I let him call. Wrong again. Bad idea. Its been 7 months since he has seen his children, held their hands, seen their smiles. Makes me sick. And to know that he is missing out on the most stable period so far in Chase's entire life.....pathetic.
Ok I'm done on that little rant. For now!
Chase's sleep issues are getting worse but I think part of that is the weather. I hope. Its something we will have to discuss at the doc this week. He takes hours to fall asleep and then sleeps perfectly until about 5am. I might do some experimenting this summer with Chase's bedtime. :::crossing fingers::::
I donated blood today. It felt good to do it and to explain to Chase why it is important. I feel like he learned a lot at the blood bank today and was even just a *tad* bit proud that HIS mom was brave and donating. I need to get back into the routine of doing things like this. Makes me feel proud and teaches my children important lessons about caring for others.
Time for sleep. Work tomorrow. yay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




You’re a good Mama!
ReplyDeleteWhat an important lesson you gave him. You are doing a great job :)
ReplyDeleteIt's good to hear your son is doing well. Sorry his sperm donor isn't interested in being there for it. Boooo to him :)
ReplyDelete