Chase tried to throw the wood frame of his bed tonight. He now has a mattress on the floor in his room. That's all. No dresser, curtains, books, toys or even clothes. Just a mattress.
I want to fix him. Why can't I just fix him? I don't want him to be so angry that he will put his own life in danger. Its my job to keep him safe. I try. I can. Usually. What happens when I can't anymore?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I can relate. My son has just his bed and a lamp, and the lamp often gets removed. Luckily, the bed's frame is metal and he has yet to figure out how to break it. Otherwise, his room is bare.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you. Nothing I can do or say will make it go away, just know youand your children are loved.
ReplyDeleteEach of my older Bipolar Children have gone through periods of nothing in their room but a mattress. Eventually, we found the right medication cocktail and slowly added things back to their room. Stabilization is an on going process because as their body grows and/or the stress level in their life changes, there medication needs change too. Hang in there :)
ReplyDeleteI understand completely. It is so hard. We just admitted our BP 4year old to acute psych care on Friday. Our lives are in limbo and I have no idea what the future holds. I want him home, but I cant keep him safe when he is home and the meds arent right.
ReplyDeleteI know how badly you want to keep your baby at home, but what happened to the rtc option?
ReplyDeletePlease stay safe, my friend. Keep Chase safe.
And above all else, keep Aimee safe.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Amy
The mommy who waited to long...
I understand that want to "fix" it. I struggle with this in regards to my oldest daughter all of the time....
ReplyDelete