Chase turned 7 today. For some reason, 7 seems so much older than 6. I think despite being in the hospital, he had a good birthday. The staff and kids made a huge deal out of his birthday, even making him presents and a cake. Jared and I visited Chase together and we were able to sit outside with him while he opened some presents. I'm proud that Jared and I could be there together for an hour with Chase without being cranky with each other. Chase needs us to be nice to each other (even if it means faking it.)
Chase is doing a *tiny* bit better. No rages or quiet room. Still unstable but I think the Abilify is making some difference. I also got the two previous discharge summaries from the middle two hospitalizations. Both are consistent and say he has Mood Disorder NOS but the symptoms appear to be Bipolar. Whatever that means. I know that they are conservative in the hospital to call him bipolar so young. I don't really care, as long as he gets the help he needs.
Aimee wore herself out at Chuck E Cheese again today. She loves that place. I love that its free to get in and that Aimee is VERY conservative with her tokens. A little cup of tokens could last her 2 hours.
Ok I'm getting tired and should try to get some sleep. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes for Chase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'm late, but I wish Chase a Happy Birthday too!
ReplyDelete