Saturday, July 4, 2009

angels and rages

Rage after rage after rage. I will post pictures of Chase's room. MRT came out again today. MRT brought Chase to the emergency room where we 5150'd him. Again. He is so sick. He needs so much help.

The on-call psychiatrist, Dr. James, was amazing. She made me feel like a person. a mom. a strong woman. She kept asking about my support system and any support from Chase's dad. I broke down crying about Chase's crappy relationship with his dad. Then Jared showed up. She kept pulling me out of the room to make sure I was ok etc.

Today I had many angels.
  • Dr. James was one of my angels.
  • Tamara (neighbor) was another angel. She made rushed over to help with Chase and then took Aimee.
  • Nanny Ann put up with so much by just doing me a favor by watching the kids so i could go sit with my dad.
  • MRT workers Lindsay and Mike helped me feel better about everything.
  • My daddy made me feel really important today. He talks to me. Only me. With everyone else, he just talks nonsense.
  • My mom loves Chase so much and will support us in whatever hard decisions we need to make. Her hugs just make me melt.
  • Julie helped me with the kids in the morning so I could get a little sleep. Then she played "therapist" when I was freaking out on the phone.
  • Kristie just plain listens to me. Sometimes that's all I need. Just to get it out.
  • Chase gave me a hug and waved as he was taken to the ambulance in the gurney. What a heroic little man.
  • Meredith provides me with all the entertainment I need to put a smile on my face. Psycho!
Every single day, I have angels in my life. Sometimes I'm so used to having such amazing support that I forget to sit back and be thankful. God sure must be worried about me to send me so many angels!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kristen, God is watching over you and Chase. I thank God for all the angels he has sent your way. Sweetie, I don't have the right words to help you. I am grieving with you, I know that. I wish I could tell you Chase will be fine tomorrow :( Your poor little guy is so, so sick - I am praying one of those docs can help him! Maybe them seeing that rage will help - I can only pray.

    You have so much to deal with... no wonder you can't sleep. I wish I could help you. I am so sorry - you should not have to go through this at all.

    Much love to you...

    ReplyDelete