Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rage #1

Chase had his first rage since coming home from the hospital. The rages are getting much scarier. This time he took a tall wooden stool and started throwing it against the stair banister, breaking four of the rails. Then when I went up to stop him, he threw it at me. I'm sad tonight but hopeful that these rages will be few and far between.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for these rages! They are the worst of it all. What meds is Chase on? Just curious. Wondering if they put him on an antipsychotic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of your newer followers. My 17 year old son was diagnosed with bipolar about 6 months ago. As I look back, he did not have the symptoms early on the way your son does. It seemed to hit when he really hit full on puberty. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. I know how tough it is. On the bright side, maybe Chase being diagnosed and put on mediation at a young age will avoid some of the nightmares I have gone through. I am just starting blogging about life as a single mom to a bipolar kid, so I do not have many entries. http://cyndir0319.blogspot.com/
    I ask that people please check me out. Good luck, and take care!

    ReplyDelete