Chase came home. Finally. I picked him up at noon from San Francisco and he slept during the ride home. His homecoming was one of the sweetest that I've ever seen, even on sappy tv shows. He ran up to Aimee and hugged her, practically swinging her around the front yard. I think she was in shock and didn't respond until we got in the house. Then she started squealing and hugging him until they both fell on the floor laughing. They spent the next two hours playing together and then Chase played outside until dinner.
I am so happy to have Chase home and feeling hopeful that he will remain stable. But there is a concern. One real concern. I think I brought home the wrong kid?!?!?! He looks like Chase, sounds like Chase and even laughs like Chase. So why is this kid asking for more chores and begging me to let him help with laundry and vacuuming?!?! Where did my kid go? Did I end up with Chase Version 2.0? I don't mind at all!
I wish you could all see the smile on my face. I hope you all have a chance to know that your children are safely and peacefully asleep in their own beds. I hope that you hold your children close and cling to that feeling. Please remind me of this evening whenever I start slipping into a ditch of self-pity. I am so blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




what a super homecoming! i hope that all stays well for your family.
ReplyDeleteHappy Dance in the Sunshine!!!!
ReplyDeleteAmy
Logan's Mommy