Wednesday, September 9, 2009

pictures of...me. sorry.

I know that 99% of the pics I post are taken by me. So here are some pics of me just because. The lighting is awful, the facial expressions are weird and I couldn't give a shit. I mean I don't care. Yeah. Thats what I meant to say.

Oh and the dark circles under my eyes are just side effects of having a bipolar son....




As far as an update goes, another rough day at school but I really have no clue what happened. We worked on his homework and finished about half without too much whining.
Dave from the wraparound team and Oscar, a "mentor" came over this morning for our weekly meeting. Our main focus today was that Chase needs to be in some sort of social activities besides school. As a mentor, Oscar could take him to sport practices etc and help him socialize appropriately. He also wants to take Chase to meet new people and practice his "boundary skills." For anyone that hasn't met Chase, he has no concept of boundaries or personal space. This freaks out a lot of kids and even adults.
Aimee has my allergies. Of all the fantastic traits to get from me, she got my stupid allergies. Go figure. Benedryl and Claritin here we come!
That's all folks!

3 comments:

  1. hi, just wondering what state you live in? Here in MA, we have the wraparound and mentors. I have mixed feelings about my experiences with both so far. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in California. We just started getting services a month ago. so far I have no real experience or opinion. Hopefully it will be a good thing for Chase. I'm pretty hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its great that all these states are providing the new services. in my opinion, for families that have "been around", it's just more of the same. BUT - it does have some good aspects to it.
    best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete