CPS went to Chase's school to interview him. He talked to her a little bit but then shut down. Later, the school psychologist was able to join the interview and helped him open up. I'm still in the dark about any details, nor would I share them in here.
The latest info I have is that we can expect to have ALL visitation with Jared suspended probably until the Jan 1 or so. I'm glad that my kids will not have to be somewhere that they dont want to be. But I'm stressing because I work weekends and he usually had the kids while I worked. Ugh
On the up side, Chase and Aimee are thrilled not to be spending the weekend/holidays with their dad for a while. Sad.
We had a "Neighbor Dinner" tonight. We did the cooking at my house and then ate at Tamara's house next door. When my kids got tired we just went home. It reminds me of a dream I used to have with my best friends Lindy and Lindsay when we were kids. Buy houses right next to each other and have the kids roaming between the two houses. A real sense of community and family. And I have it all. Plus Jim next door who is helpful when I need odds and ends done around here. And he's a great cook.
Today I got an email from Sarah who is producing the independent film that Chase is involved in. Discovery Channel saw the trailer and picked it up! They will be here to film starting Nov. 30. The show will air during the first week of may for Mental Health Awareness Week.
I am so thankful for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




As one mom of a bipolar child to another, I would say be very careful about doing any kind of film regarding your son. You don't want him to be used as a public cautionary tale about meds gone wrong or "does childhood bipolar really exist?" or "look at what the psychiatric community and big pharma are doing to our youth of today." You don't know how they are going to use/edit the film once they have it. Before you film be sure and watch "The Medicated Child" and "Medicating Kids" by Frontline- free to watch on www.pbs.org - and also if you can see/rent I think on Amazon.com "Generation Rx" as well before you film so you know what you might be getting into. I wonder what those parents all think today about letting their children be filmed and what the children think of the parents for doing this as they get older. You seem like you really, really love your son and are trying to your best for him and I'd hate for someone to exploit your situation as you may see your/your son's situation differently as your child grows older and you get more information about how he feels about his dad, the divorce, what has been happening at his dad's etc.
ReplyDeleteTake care.