Then we went up to the unit, worked on his goal for the night and hung out in the dayroom coloring pictures. He made me a "halloween" picture because he can't wait for halloween to get here. We seemed to have a very "normal" 6yr old evening. Nights like this make me question everything. Does he really need RTC?
I keep reminding myself that Chase's needs are not minute by minute. Its not as if he can come home, hop back to the hospital on a bad day, come home for a good day etc. We have to look at the long term goals. We want Chase to come home and stay home. Until that is likely, we have to look at other options.
A good day for Chase is very different from other 6yr old boys. Its even different compared to other 6yr old bipolar boys.
I've had 3 docs tell me that Chase is very unusual and hard to treat. All I can say to that is "JUST WATCH WHAT MY LITTLE MAN WILL OVERCOME!" If anyone can get though this, its Chase.
On another note, I bought a bed today. I've never had a REAL grownup bed. Always just a mattress on a frame. Below is a pic of the one I got. It will be delivered on April 1.

Doc finally gave me some meds to help me get sleep. WooHoo! We shall see how long it takes for them to kick in (I just took one).....




Dear, I am sure you are depressed and you are right, who wouldn't be?? Yay for Chase - he sounds much better although I believe RTC will improve his situation much more. You are so in tune with your little man... he will overcome!
ReplyDeleteYour bed is awesome by the way. I love it :) It will go great with your sleep - ahhhhh.