Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Homecoming

Chase and I are in my bed right now relaxing before bedtime. We have had a very mixed day since he was released from the hospital.

Normal Stuff
1. Picked up Chase, swung by my job to turn in paperwork and had lunch at Jack in the Box. Go figure, after 2 months of hospital food, all Chase wanted was Jack in the Box! He ate soo much I thought he might throw up.
2. Went home and Chase got to see all the projects that I did around the house. He liked his room a lot.
3. Went to Michaels to pick out some new art supplies. Chase wanted to buy EVERYTHING in that store.
4. Went to Kaiser to pick up his prescriptions. Hard to believe the amount of meds that I picked up for my 6 year old today.
5. Chase got a haircut (finally!) then we went to get Aimee. Chase saw his daycare teacher, Ms. Ann. I convinced her to pull out Chase's tooth since I don't have the guts to do it. After a few tries, out it came! But would you believe that I lost it somewhere between the daycare and the house....bad mama award goes to Kristen... Thankfully, he seems to have forgotten about it. Worst case scenario, I'll use the first tooth that he lost.
6. We went to the park.
7. We came home, painted a mask and now we are in bed.

Strange Stuff
1. Chase was so tired all day. The med dosages are the same as they have been for days, so I can't imagine the tiredness was med related.
2. At the park, Chase hardly played on the fancy brand new play structure. Instead he chose to sit on the ground and play with dirt. Alone.
3. He was saying that he was happy, but just seemed sad to me.

Below are some pics from the park today. Taken from my phone, so pardon the crappy quality.




We will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. I pray for sunshine and smiles.


1 comment:

  1. YAY! He's home he's home! It must be A LOT for him to take in, so just remember to take baby steps. And if he says he's happy, he is. Chase sure isn't one to lie! Can't wait to see him! I'll bet Aimee is just as ecstatic as you.

    ReplyDelete