Saturday, March 7, 2009

Playing catch

Chase raged and raged for about an hour. He got restrained again. They gave him his PRN and he was able to calm down. Weird...

Less than an hour later, I showed up for my visit and saw my perfectly happy little guy. He gave me a huge hug and crawled up on my lap. I was telling him funny stories about when he was little. Like the time he covered himself in vasoline from head to toe, thinking it was sunscreen. And the time he swallowed a penny so I had to dig through his poop to make sure it "passed through."

We laughed until we cried. We held hands and prayed. We prayed so hard that Chase was crying. Then, as if things weren't falling apart around us, Chase and I played catch. And for the record, he has an amazing arm!

1 comment:

  1. I hope Chase remembers the good times he had with you and can pull out some of that 'good' energy when he gets so sick. Many prayers coming your way...

    ReplyDelete