Friday, March 20, 2009

Meeting...

it was awful. basically 10 out of the 10 people there agreed that chase needs residential treatment OR needs home and school wraparound services daily when he leaves the hospital.... (ie AB3632)

BUT Kaiser cannot provide any wraparound services and only 2 weeks of residential (which wouldnt help anything). All of the help has to come from the school district and that help is months away and in order for them to REALLY move on it, they need to see multiple hospitalizations.....

So Chase will be coming home pretty soon. Setting him up to fail, just to get the services he needs. They also said that we won't be able to expedite the process without a lawyer. I can't afford a lawyer.

I'm livid. I'm sad. I'm discouraged. I'm terrified.

1 comment:

  1. This is something else I thought of which is actually hateful but... you could take him to the phosp every time he rages or has a major depression.

    That might expedite the school to get off their hineys!

    I am so glad you have support. I'm worried about you but would be moreso if you didn't have 'real live' people with shoulders to cry on...

    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete