Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Residential....

So it looks as if Chase will be going to a residential treatment center for a while. I am very torn on this.

Good
Chase won't be in a hospital (it is more like a home)
Chase will be back in an educational program so he won't fall so far behind
He will be with the same 12 kids everyday (no constant coming and going of kids like in the hosp.)
The program is centered around stabilization and not acute crisis.
Chase will be able to have fun while receiving the care he needs.
He will likely be able to have home passes etc
He will form attachments with the staff and the doctors that he is unable to at the hospital.
Bad
He won't be home.
Aimee and I will be lonely.
He is so young...


The program is in the Sunset District of San Francisco. Its called Edgewood. http://www.edgewood.org/whatwedo/residential-treatment.html
I have heard TONS of good things about the program.

We have a big meeting with all of Chase's doctors, therapists, social workers, case managers and educators coming up in the next few days. Please pray that God sends us in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. I have actually seen Edgewood posted on the board some time ago and it is highly rated. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity for Chase although I know you will miss him like crazy!

    Of course I am praying and God answers prayers.

    Big Hugs Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete