I can't even remember what I posted last night/this morning. I've moved through this day in a fog. Its all a blur...guess I can break it down for ya (I ALMOST sound ghetto) haha
I was able to sleep in this morning (my mom had Aimee), but of course I couldn't. My brain wouldn't shut off and I was counting minutes until I could call to check on Chase.
I called Chase, he sounded fine but tired. I don't blame him! He was up later than he has ever been.
I went to the meeting for AB3632. It was supposed to be an evaluation of Chase, but obviously he wasn't there. I went anyway, as there was a ton of info that needed to be filled in etc. I never expected a Clinical Psychologist to treat me like a 12 year old... Oh and get this: the assessment can't get finished until the idiot doc meets Chase, but she "can't" go to the hospital to meet him because she can't bill for her time. I'm not a violent person, but.....
The next few hours are a blur of phone calls with every person on Chase's team, fax machines and voicemails.
I left to visit Chase at around 5pm, not knowing how long the drive would be since this is a brand new hospital for us. I got there early to find that this hospital is very different from the last one. I can't even really describe the differnce. I guess it will take time to get a feel for it. Chase cuddled with me, then we played games and worked a puzzle until visiting was over. He gave me a huge hug and as I approached the very end of the hallway, he yelled "I LOVE YOU MOMMY!" Try not to sob when you hear that as your leave your baby behind...
I came home and was short with my mom. I do not feel like socializing right now. It takes everything I have to keep from crying. If Chase isn't coming home soon, I'm gonna go back to work until he does come home. Distraction is good.
I apologize in advance to those of you that are reaching out to me right now. I am thankful, but unable to really accept emotional support. That sounds nuts. Maybe that's why I throw all of my feelings onto this stupid laptop. I don't have to see anyone's reactions to my words. I don't worry that someone might see me cry. I don't worry that anyone is judging me as they watch me fall apart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh dear Kristen - I understand shutting down. I know I would and have... I would never judge you, I hope you know that. With what you are enduring, I would say your reaction is normal. I know you are strong and have lots of support so you will pop out of feeling like this.
ReplyDeleteThat meeting sounds like the pits of the earth! Yikes!!
It's so good to hear Chase enjoyed his visit. I'm sobbing now just reading your broken heartfelt words. Wish I could help hon.
I'm here for you.....
Kathy