Tuesday, April 21, 2009

the biggest hug

Today was better than yesterday. Got a little nap this morning, assuming Jared was visiting Chase tonight. He said he was. He promised he would. At noon I sent him a text to confirm, and sure enough, tonight won't "work out" for him. Shocking. So after breaking the news to Chase, he begged me to come visit. It was clear that he just wanted a giant hug from someone who loves him, and I am capable of that.

So I hopped in my car quickly to get to the hospital before work. When I got there I was taken to the little playfield because the kids were "playing outside." It was so hot out there that the kids were in the shade hanging out. Chase and I explored different weeds that he insists are plants. Then we watched the guy on the roof who was working on the air conditioning unit. After a few minutes, it was too hot, so the staff brought everyone back inside. Then Chase gave me the biggest hug with the tightest squeaze and whispered in my ear that he was happy I came so he didn't feel all alone.

Then I went to work and had a good shift. It sure helps when the group of kids are laid back and easy to be around. When I came home tonight, I kissed my little girl and said a prayer for my little boy.

Tomorrow I will talk to the hospital doc, social worker, county mental health worker, child advocate and probably the school. And at some point, I have to go to work. Tomorrow has suddenly become today. Its after midnight. Guess its time for me to close my eyes and try to sleep. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment