For once I can say this and be sure: I made the right decision last night. That isn't to say that I will make the same decision again, but for now, I made the right decision.
Chase isn't doing well. But he is much better than last night. He isn't hearing things. He isn't raging, and he made it through an entire day without going to the support room.
I interviewed two babysitters today. I am looking for someone to stay with the kids on tuesday nights while I work until 11pm. My mom has too much on her plate to committ to two days a week. I liked them both. They are both nice, understanding, patient and seem to be comfortable around Chase.
But one of them, we will call her "M" really seems to be a perfect fit. She is fun, comfortable, and firm. She has experience with special needs kids and doesn't seem phased by the details I have shared with her about Chase. I did a background check and have found nothing interesting, which is fantastic. Aimee warmed up to her rather quickly, and anyone who knows her understands that that is a big deal.
I feel more relaxed about going back to work full time in a week.
Chase went to bed early again tonight. He went to bed in his own bed in his own room. I'm so thankful for that.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Yay for M to come along! I don't know Aimee but kids just know.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness Chase didn't hear voices again - whew. I know how tough that is and scary. Maybe he is getting better since he went to bed easily and gave you a break ;)
Cyber Love!!