Another rough day at school. After talking to different docs and moms of other special needs kids, having a rough time at school isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. Chase needs the school district to provide more services to him. If he is just sailing along in school with no issues, they won't consider giving him more services. So the fact that he is struggling in school right now may eventually lead to improvement in the long term. Maybe they will get desperate and start throwing behavioralists and therapists in our direction! (Hey I can dream, right?!?!)
After coming home tonight, Chase's neighbor friend (his only REAL friend outside of school), we will call him "A" came over. He is also a bipolar child although not as severe as Chase. The boys get along and really have fun when they are together. They played in Chase's room with his cars for about an hour while I was able to get Aimee ready for bed and spend some alone time with her. I overheard Chase ask "A" a question while in his room. He said, "Did you miss me when I was in the hospital?" And the response was, "I REALLY missed you! Even ask your mom! Don't go back there because I want to play with you a lot." So sweet. Chase deserves to have at least one really good friend who stands by him. I know in my life I've been blessed with such good friends and there are days I don't know how I would have gotten through without them.
I went to the Special Kids Foundation meeting tonight. http://www.spkids.org/ I joined the group about a year ago. Its very powerful to be surrounded by so many heroic mothers. Each mother has learned to advocate for their child with special needs and I am lucky to have the opportunity to learn from them. By the way, if anyone local is reading this, please join us for the 3rd Annual Wine and Chocolate Tasting. Help the foundation build a facility in Oakley that can serve the families of East County children with special needs. http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs034/1102398051587/archive/1102444551332.html
I guess that's about it for tonight. I'm lying in bed trying to ignore the fact that my cat has horrible gas. Anyone want a stinky cat? "Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, What are they feeding you? Smelly cat, smelly cat, its not your fault" Anyone remember that episode of Friends?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I DO remember that episode of Friends - too funny!
ReplyDeleteChase is too loveable to have no friends. He will probably have more than others... I'm happy for him :)
Lovesssss